I followed a recipe by Nigella and it was really quick and easy to do. Would really recommend it if you want to impress your guests and don’t have loads of time.
So my family were coming over for lunch and I realised I needed to make an eggless dessert. A friend at work told me about this recipe by Nigella so I thought I’d try it. It was so tasty and easy.
* 250 grams digestive biscuits
* 75 grams soft unsalted butter
* 1 x 400 grams jar nutella (at room temperature)
* 100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts
* 500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
* 60 grams icing sugar (sifted)
1. Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g/3 tablespoons of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
2. Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
3. Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
4. Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.
The only thing I did differently was I didn’t add hazelnuts to the base. But if you love hazelnuts feel free to.
I do also recommend leaving it in the fridge for longer than 4 hours.