Warning: This post does not contain 100% homemade ingredients. Because let’s face it, who’s got time for that? This post is two fresh, quick and easy recipes for busy people who want to eat healthy and delicious food.
Mushroom and halloumi wrap
Wraps – use whichever tortilla wrap you prefer. I used wholemeal wraps.
Mushrooms – either two large portobello mushrooms or a handful of smaller ones. Sliced.
Halloumi – half a block cut into thick strips
One spring onion – sliced
One small beetroot – sliced
Handful of spinach
Chilli flakes – or fresh chillies if you prefer
Parsely – fresh or dried
Extra virgin olive oil – I like to use the spray
Garlic mayo – you can use Greek yoghurt if you want to be extra healthy
Chilli sauce – anything goes really, Sriracha, Tabasco, Frank’s. I used Nando’s medium sauce
1. Put the sliced mushrooms in a tray, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with parsely. Place under the grill on a medium heat. Give them a stir every five minutes or so.
2. Spray a frying pan with olive oil and add the halloumi, spring onion and chilli flakes, cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally
3. In a bowl, mix some garlic mayo and chilli sauce. The ratio depends on how hot you can stand it!
4. Once the mushrooms are cooked, remove from the grill and place a wrap under the grill. It just needs a few seconds on each side to warm it.
5. Spread the chilli garlic mayo mix to cover the whole wrap, add the spinach leaves, halloumi mixture, mushrooms and beetroot.
6. Wrap it up and enjoy!
Hummus and falafel wrap
Wraps – any kind of tortilla wraps
Falafels – I bought mini ones from M&S but any falafels will work
Hummus – plain or flavoured
Handful of spinach
Chilli sauce – as per the recipe above, anything goes
Mint – fresh or dried
Extra virgin olive oil – again, I’m a big fan of the spray
1. Warm the tortilla wraps under a medium grill
2. Spread the hummus to cover the entire wrap, add a couple of sprays of olive oil and drizzle on some chilli sauce. Add the spinach.
3. Warm the falafels and break them up using a fork. I like to keep them quite chunky. Add to the wrap.
4. Spoon on some Greek yoghurt and sprinkle on the mint.
5. Wrap it up and take a bite!
For both of these recipes, you can add any salad items – tomatoes, peppers, red onions or lettuce instead of spinach. If you want a non-veg version, swap the halloumi for grilled chicken. Try adding mashed avocado or chunky guacamole. Mix and match, experiment and go crazy lol. We hope you like it : )